DRIVE SMART Virginia is a dynamic statewide non-profit located in Richmond, Virginia whose mission is to improve the safety of Virginia’s roadways by raising awareness about traffic safety. We execute public information and education campaigns on distracted and impaired driving, teen driving, occupant protection, sharing the road, etc. We partner with companies, localities, law enforcement, state and federal agencies, and schools to deliver our message.
We are looking for one sharp cookie to join our team. Our Grants and Operations Coordinator works behind the scenes to make sure that all of our administrative processes move forward. State or federal grants administration experience is a plus. This is a full-time exempt position that reports to the Executive Director.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, salary history, and current resume to Leah Hostetler at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than COB September 21, 2016.
The Grants and Operations Coordinator handles all grants and fiscal operations for DRIVE SMART Virginia. As sound fiscal responsibility and grant reporting are critical priorities for the organization, this position is an integral and essential part of DRIVE SMART operations. This coordinator interacts with all programs, projects and aspects of the organization, and accomplishes the goals of the organization through effective planning, organization, development, communication, implementation and coordination. Major areas of focus include timely and accurate grant reporting, establishing and maintaining productive relationships with contractors, achieving and applying a high degree of knowledge on state travel and procurement regulations, maintaining high ethical standards and advising the Executive Director on any issues or problems.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage all grants administration
- Coordinate all fiscal operations
- Coordinate the day-to-day operations of the organization
- Serve as meeting planning
- Serve as the liaison to operational contracts
- Serve as expert on the procurement and travel policies of the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Represent the organization at various meetings
- Create and maintains an accurate inventory system of all equipment, materials, and supplies
- Oversee the storage of organization property and maintains the existing filing system
- Coordinate and tracks the distribution of materials and videos to safety partners
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to handle all projects in a confidential manner
- Strong knowledge of administrative policies and procedures including the Commonwealth’s procurement and travel regulations is preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to create and maintain reports to maximize productivity and respond to management requests
- Ability to gain general knowledge of traffic safety programs, laws and other information relevant to the mission of the organization
- Skill in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other relevant programs
- Ability to plan, organize and implement projects with maximum productivity
- Ability to flourish in a team-oriented and mission-driven organization
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration is preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible professional experience in grants management or fiscal process is preferred
- Infrequent night and weekend work and travel will be required
- Desire to be a team player and contribute to the growth and development of the organization
- A background check and the submission of a driver record are required for all DRIVE SMART positions. Positions involving the handling of money (including this position) require a credit check.