DRIVE SMART Virginia is Seeking a Strategic Partnership ManagerLeave a Comment
DRIVE SMART Virginia is a dynamic statewide non-profit located in Richmond, Virginia whose mission is to improve the safety of Virginia’s roadways by raising awareness about traffic safety. We execute public information and education campaigns on distracted and impaired driving, teen driving, occupant protection, sharing the road etc. We partner with companies, localities, law enforcement, state and federal agencies, and schools to deliver our message.
Essential Job Functions:
- Researches and posts relevant news clippings to the organization’s website and ensures the weekly news clippings emails are sent regularly.
- Posts to several social media accounts regularly and updates resource links on the organization’s teen webpage.
- Corresponds with the Virginia Partners for Safe Driving on a regular basis, including updating members on DSV activities, spotlighting member activities, and providing relevant resources to members. This includes a monthly newsletter through Mailchimp.
- Researches and identifies potential members for the Partners and works with the Executive Director to develop a plan to reach out to prospective members.
- Manages all aspects of a DSV marketing presence at community, sporting and workplace events including but not limited to:
- Serving as a liaison to the venue, planning all relevant details and logistics.
- Oversees the set-up of events, insuring that DSV has a professional presence, and any other details relevant to the event.
- Manages street squad to work large events, ensures workers are provided with adequate training and aware of their responsibilities. Staffs smaller events throughout the Commonwealth.
- Maximizes available tools and resources to insure the largest impact.
- Operates simulator program at community, sporting and high school events.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Ability to interact with the public in a positive, impactful and professional manner
- Ability to plan and organize projects and to coordinate logistics and details.
- Ability to promote programs through contacts with a wide range of constituents including organization, business, government and media representatives
- Skill in social media programs, PowerPoint, Word, Excel and other relevant communication programs
- Skill in exercising initiative, good judgment, discretion and decision-making to achieve organizational objectives
- Ability to work closely with all DRIVE SMART staff
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with organization staff, employees, partners and the general public
- Ability to conduct public speaking engagements with a high degree of confidence and effectiveness
- Bachelors Degree in Communications, Education, Marketing or related field preferred. Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in an above field is preferred.
- Experience organizing and/or working outreach events
- Outgoing personality
- Occasional night and weekend work and travel will be required
- Desire to be a team player and contribute to the growth and development of the organization
- A background check and the submission of a driver record are required for all DRIVE SMART positions.
Hiring salary range is $45,000 to $55,000. This position offers competitive benefits including paid time off, health, life, dental and retirement plans. To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary history to Kristin Pettway at Kristin.Pettway@drivesmartva.org.