Designate Before You Celebrate
If you’re going out and there is even a possibility that you may drink alcohol, you need to plan for a safe ride home. With just a few drinks you could be too impaired to safely drive. If you choose a designated sober driver before you drink, you can have a good time and get home safely. Designate BEFORE You Celebrate!
In 2020 in Virginia:
- 272 people died because of alcohol-related crashes. That’s 32.11% of all traffic fatalities in Virginia!
- 3,986 people were injured in alcohol-related crashes. That’s 7.56% of all traffic injuries.
- 6,624 alcohol-related crashes represented 6.27% of all crashes.
Choosing a designated driver could be one of the most important decisions you make!
It’s so easy:
With so many options available, now more than ever, there is simply no excuse for getting behind the wheel after drinking.
- Cab Service
- Ride Sharing Service (Uber, Lyft, etc.)
- Designated Sober Driver in Your Group
- Phone a (Sober) Friend
- Many localities offer free ride services during the holidays.
A designated sober driver is truly the Life of the Party!