What’s Your Game Plan?
A designated friend. A teammate. A ride-sharing service. The trusty, dependable taxi. A public bus, or train, or the Metro. Even a cycle rickshaw. Any of these would be better than getting behind the wheel after a day of tailgating.
In 2019, more than 4,400 people were injured and 264 people died as the result of alcohol-related traffic crashes in Virginia – 100% of which were preventable. So on game day, before you plan to drink, plan to answer this: What’s Your Game Plan?
Do you know…
- In 2019 there were 7,048 alcohol-related crashes.
- 264 people were killed as a result of alcohol-related crashes.
- There were 18,648 DUI convictions in Virginia in 2019.
- 169 drinking drivers were killed.
- 4,402 people were injured due to alcohol-related crashes.
- 68.2% of DUI convictions were male, and 24.4% were female in 2019 in Virginia.
- 0.149 was the average BAC for tested drinking drivers in Virginia in 2019.
- 16,441 people tested with blood alcohol content (BAC) of 0.08 or greater, a 1.1% increase over 2018.
Other helpful links:
Do your part to make Virginia’s roads safer this football season!