What’s Your Game Plan?
A designated friend. A teammate. A ride-sharing service. The trusty, dependable taxi. A public bus, or train, or the Metro. Even a cycle rickshaw. Any of these would be better than getting behind the wheel after a day of tailgating.
In 2017, nearly 4,500 people were injured and close to 250 died in alcohol-related traffic crashes in Virginia. 100% of which were preventable. So, on game day, before you plan to drink, plan to answer this: What’s Your Game Plan?
Do your part to make Virginia’s roads safer this football season and take the safe driving pledge today!
Scoring the ultimate Hokie fan football experience is simple!
Up for grabs (deadline for entries is September 24, 2018):
VIP Experience to Homecoming Game vs. Boston College on 11/3/18:
- 2 Tickets to Pre-game Hospitality
- 2 Tickets to the Game
- Parking Pass
- Sideline Experience
#1 Show us your smarts!
Take the What’s Your Game Plan quiz to show us what you know about the rules of the road in Virginia. Get the highest score to qualify for your VIP Experience.
#2 Snap a seatbelt selfie!
Snap a selfie of you wearing your seatbelt (when the car is parked) and tell us why you always buckle up. Be sure to tag What’s Your Game Plan and share it on Facebook or Twitter.
#3 Thank a Designated Driver!
What’s Your Game Plan? Tag the person who is your trusted designated driver and tell us why they are so great. Be sure to tag What’s Your Game Plan and share it on Facebook or Twitter.
What’s Your Game Plan Quiz:
2. ELIGIBILITY: Open only to legal Virginia residents, 21 and older with a valid Virginia-issued driver’s license. Must be able to provide proof of Virginia residency. Employees of Drive Smart Virginia and their families are not eligible. Void where prohibited by law. Entrants not residing in Virginia may participate in but may not win any of the VIP experiences.
3. WINNER SELECTION: Successful submissions will be entered into a random drawing.
4. PRIZES: Winners will receive VIP experiences or tickets for Virginia Tech football games, as communicated.
5. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winners will be notified within 48 hours after the determination date. Inability to contact a winner may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Winners must confirm within 48 hours of being notified. Be on the lookout for an email, message or phone call from the What’s Your Game Plan or DRIVE SMART Virginia team!
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Participants hereby grant What’s Your Game Plan and DRIVE SMART Virginia a license to broadcast, publish, store, reproduce, distribute, syndicate, and otherwise use and exhibit the social media post (along with their names, voices, performance and/or likenesses) without further compensation.
7. USE OF INFORMATION: All entries become the property of DRIVE SMART Virginia. DSV reserves the right to use any and all information related to the competition, including submissions provided by the contestants, for editorial, marketing and any other purpose, unless prohibited by law.
8. NOT ENDORSED BY FACEBOOK: By participating in this competition, you acknowledge that this competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook and release Facebook from any and all liability related to this competition. The information you are providing is being provided to DRIVE SMART Virginia and not to Facebook, and will be used to notify you if you have won.
9. CONDUCT: All competition participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules. DRIVE SMART Virginia in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person it finds to be tampering with the entry process, submits inappropriate material or is otherwise in violation of these rules.
10. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: DRIVE SMART Virginia is not responsible for late, lost or misdirected email or for any computer, online, telephone or technical malfunctions that may occur.
11. WINNERS LIST: The names of the winners may be obtained by emailing email@example.com.
SIGN THE PLEDGE AND BE A PART OF THE ACTION AT LANE STADIUM!
YOU’LL GAIN MORE THAN JUST BRAGGING RIGHTS!
When you pledge to choose a sober driver and buckle up, you will be entered for a chance to score a VIP Experience* at Lane Stadium! What are you waiting for?
*Must be a Virginia resident (21 and older) to be eligible. Entries must be received by September, 24 2018.