What’s Your Game Plan?
A designated friend. A teammate. A ride-sharing service. The trusty, dependable taxi. A public bus, or train, or the Metro. Even a cycle rickshaw. Any of these would be better than getting behind the wheel after a day of tailgating.
In 2022, more than 4,100 people were injured and 274 people died as the result of alcohol-related traffic crashes in Virginia – 100% of which were preventable. So on game day, before you plan to drink, plan to answer this: What’s Your Game Plan?
Do you know…
- There were 9,283 alcohol-related crashes in Virginia in 2022.
- 274 people were killed as a result of alcohol-related crashes in Virginia in 2022.
- There were 14,105 DUI convictions in Virginia in 2020.
- 168 drinking drivers were killed in Virginia in 2020.
- 4,174 people were injured due to alcohol-related crashes in Virginia in 2022.
- 68.1% of DUI convictions were male, and 23.9% were female in 2020 in Virginia.
- 0.1543 was the average BAC for tested drinking drivers in Virginia in 2020.
- 12,600 people tested with blood alcohol content (BAC) of 0.08 or greater in Virginia in 2020.
Other helpful links:
Do your part to make Virginia’s roads safer this football season!
What’s Your Game Plan Quiz:
Thank you to the following people for their pledge
Franklin County, VA
Glen Allen, VA
Prince George, Va
Kitty Hawk, North Carolina
Kitty hawk, Nc
Glen Allen, Va
Beach bottom, PA