What’s Your Game Plan?
A designated friend. A teammate. A ride-sharing service. The trusty, dependable taxi. A public bus, or train, or the Metro. Even a cycle rickshaw. Any of these would be better than getting behind the wheel after a day of tailgating.
In 2020, more than 3,900 people were injured and 272 people died as the result of alcohol-related traffic crashes in Virginia – 100% of which were preventable. So on game day, before you plan to drink, plan to answer this: What’s Your Game Plan?
Do you know…
- There were 6,624 alcohol-related crashes in Virginia in 2020.
- 272 people were killed as a result of alcohol-related crashes in Virginia in 2020.
- There were 14,105 DUI convictions in Virginia in 2020.
- 168 drinking drivers were killed in Virginia in 2020.
- 3,900 people were injured due to alcohol-related crashes in Virginia in 2020.
- 68.1% of DUI convictions were male, and 23.9% were female in 2020 in Virginia.
- 0.1543 was the average BAC for tested drinking drivers in Virginia in 2020.
- 12,600 people tested with blood alcohol content (BAC) of 0.08 or greater in Virginia in 2020.
Other helpful links:
Do your part to make Virginia’s roads safer this football season!
What’s Your Game Plan Quiz:
Thank you to the following people for their pledge